MAGGIE'S F-W | SAVINGS BANK FACTS, PURPOSE, AND SIGNIFICANCE
MAGGIE'S F-W | SAVINGS® BANK FACTS, PURPOSE, AND SIGNIFICANCE
- Poor student achievement on financial learning, some related issues, and low skills on performing money's savings are hampering U.S. college and higher education learners.
- Global and national forces affect and influence U.S. financial education and financial services. For instance, formal college and higher education, and subsequently, how our children deal and/ or will deal with their future financial/educational needs.
- Parents/Teachers’ attitudes and beliefs regarding to the instructional value of financial learning and/or handling financial expertise leaning from children, plays an important role on how they should --permanently-- push the implementation of the savings practice into the home and/or the classroom.
- Saving money's skills is a great concern for society. Certainly, the vitality of any educational society correlates to the financial knowledge of its children at a very early age.
- The savings' meaning has ben expanded to include: The importance of to learn the effective use of all the financial tools available in the financial market. Also, to search and retrieve, any array of available expectations, that should be used to combat the financial student loans nightmare that are living today our students, and that generates, a financial burden, which as matter of fact, if not immediate measures are created; it might be remain "negatively latent" for the rest of the children's lives.
Most stakeholders recognize the importance of promoting/teaching financial education in the early childhood. Yet doing it is often hampered by external (government/financial industry regulations) and internal (parents and/or teachers’ determination) factors.
Generally, it seems that use of financial education skews most stakeholders’ perceptions of how much learning really should occur in home and/ or schools and, therefore, skews responses of parents and teachers.
With a focus on saving for OUR [ children] future, and its relationship to the attainment of the educational and financial goals; this undertaking, might contribute to the effectiveness of reaching those aforesaid --highlighted-- Maggie's F-W | Savings Bank's strategies."
Effective Date: This informative insert is effective and was last updated on October 19, 2021.